Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! I know it’s a little late, but I was stuck all day at work and then went to eat Mexican with friends. Just thought it’d be fun to list the 5 movies I crave to watch today…I know kinda corny, but hope you enjoy:
1. Three Amigos! (1986) Starring Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short. Altogether a hilarious film. If you haven’t seen it, its a classic and one of my favorites.
2. The Mexican (2001) Starring Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, James Gandolfini, and Bob Balaban. A movie about the quest for a priceless, antique pistol. Not the greatest movie, but it has its moments.
3. Frida (2002) Starring Salma Hayeck, Alfred Molina and Antonio Banderas. A bio-pic of artist Frida Kahlo. A beautiful film and one that probably shouldn’t be watched during a drunken Cinco de Mayo party…but hey, up to you.
4. Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003) Starring Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayeck and Johnny Depp. Guns, violence and CIA. That’s all I have to say, can’t really explain this one, you just have to watch it, especially if you’re a fan of Robert Rodriguez films.
Ok and lastly is a film I haven’t seen yet, but would like to. So if anyone has please let me know what you thought:
5. Desperado (1995) Starring Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayeck, and Joaquim del Almeida. Like I said haven’t seen it, but am a fan of Robert Rodriguez…he wrote, produced and directed the film. The intro makes it look awesome and its definitely on my watch list. This is apparently a sequel to his “El Mariachi” and Antonio plays the same character in Once upon a time, which Rodriguez also directed…it all comes together so nicely!
Well, Enjoy your last minutes of May 5th and hope you enjoy the videos!